Monday 9 January 2012

NYX Round Lipstick in 'Strawberry Milk #595'




My recent NYX haul has got me going crazy in love with the products are purchased. Today I’m going to review the NYX Round Lipstick in Shade# Strawberry Milk from that haul. Let me start off by saying, this shade is really light just like strawberry milk. Not everyone can pull this color off. Fair-extremely fair ladies can pull it off real well and that too only at times.

My experience with this lipstick:

I’ve always wanted an extremely light pink color and when I saw the Strawberry Milk shade in NYX Round Lipstick, I just had to buy it. Since we all know how chic and pretty the packaging is, I’m not going to go on about it. All of us are also well aware of the ridiculously strong detergent smell these Round Lipsticks have, so I’m going to skip that.

This lipcolor is unique and not the most common color out there. You can either love it or hate it. I personally love it. It is an extremely light pink shade and when worn on a slightly pigmented skin tone, it looks sort of pale pinkish white, not very flattering. Your skin needs to be plain, flawless and well concealed in order to pull this lip color off or else it just ends up making your skin look washed up and dead. Trust me, this lip color has been one of the hardest for me to work with. Luckily I don’t have very pigmented lips so I didn’t need to conceal/prime them too much before applying this lipstick. But if you do have pigmented lips, I suggest you conceal them well before applying this lip color.

I usually top it off with a slightly brighter pink just to make it a bit pinker since it is too pale for my liking. This lipstick tends to settle into fine lines when swiped more than once which is very annoying since this color is super light. I balance it out by applying gloss, that way it doesn’t settle into fine lines.

NYX Round Lipsticks are super creamy and I love it. You can easily blend them with other colors and make your own color. The Strawberry Milk shade blends really well with my darker pink lipsticks, creating a whole new pink shade. I prefer applying this lipcolor with a lip brush, since it is such a light color you need to make sure it is applied well.

Overall, it is not one of my favorite lipcolors BUT I love how unique this color is. I love blending it with other lipsticks. I really wish it didn’t stink like detergent.

Price:
Rs. 400

Pros of NYX Round Lipstick in Shade# LSS 595 Strawberry Milk: 
  • Chic packaging.
  • Decent staying power.
  • Super creamy, easy to apply and blend with other lip colors.
  • Reasonable priced.
  • Leaves a nice tint on the lips after fading away. 
Cons of NYX Round Lipstick in Shade# LSS 595 Strawberry Milk: 
  • Settles into fine lines when swiped more than 2 times.
  • Strong smell of detergent. Hate it.
  • Not all skin tones can pull it off. (Only fair-extremely skin tones can.) 
Rating:
3/5

Would I repurchase this product?
Not really. It’s a bit too light for my liking.


No comments:

Post a Comment