Saturday 14 January 2012

Nivea Stay Real Blush by Chantal Thomass in 'Secret Rose 05'





After my review on the Nivea Color Passion Lipsticks by Chantal Thomass , I’m going to review one of my favorite blushes from the same range. This blush is one of the only two blushes that I use on a regular basis. I’m really excited about reviewing it today since this is one of my favorite blushes.

The Nivea Stay Real Blush by Chantal Thomass comes in only 2 shades – Secret Rose and Fever Pink. Today, I’m going to be reviewing the ‘Secret Rose’ Shade.


The packaging of this blush is extremely unique. The lacey black corset design printed on the cover and the pink ribbon carved on the blush is so sexy and feminine! Honestly, the only reason I bought this blush was because of its packaging. I never even tested this product before my purchase because I just wanted to own this blush as a collector’s item. After using it, I have fallen in love with it and I’m on my second one right now.

Both the blushes from this range have a satin-matte finish, no shimmer and are extremely long lasting. I wear this blush in the day time because I hate using a lot of shimmer products on my face during the day. This product is extremely pigmented, you just need to dip your brush into it once and swipe it on your cheek and you’re done applying it! Love it. However, since it is so pigmented you need to be real careful with the amount you apply or else you can end up looking like a clown. (This has happened to me.)

The fragrance of this blush is so beautiful and subtle just like Nivea’s range of lotions. However, the fragrance fades away in about 15 minutes after application. The staying power of this blush is amazing, it stays through out the day and I don’t even need to re-apply it unlike other blushes.

As you can see, I’ve almost hit pan on my second one! I really need to get another one before this one dies out on me. I lost my Fever Pink shade blush recently, I’ll try to get my hands on another one soon and review it for you ladies. I really wish they had more shades in the blush range, really disappointing that they have just two since these are so pigmented and beautiful. I’ll be reviewing the Fever Pink shade soon whenever I re-purchase it.


In the photos, I have swiped the blush just once on my hand and spread it. You can see how super pigmented it is. I’ve attached a photo off the net to show you how the blush looks like when it is bought brand new.

Price:
Rs 551 Approx. 

Pros: 
  • Feminine, sexy and unique packaging. (LOVE IT!)
  • Satin-matte finish, no shimmer. Perfect for daytime makeup.
  • Great texture and highly pigmented.
  • Decently priced and good quantity.
  • Excellent staying power. (Stays for almost the entire day.)
  • Beautiful subtle fragrance. 
Cons: 
  • Available only in two shades. Secret Rose and Fever Pink.
  • Not available in India. 
Rating: 
5/5

Would I repurchase and recommend this product?
Absolutely! I’m already on my second one.
If you’re looking for a matte blush, this is the one for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment