Sunday 22 January 2012

Maybelline Water Shine Pure Lipstick in Shade #B24

After a great experience with the Maybelline Water Shine Lip glosses, I recently purchased a lipstick from the same range. I got my hands on the Shade#B24 and today I’m going to be reviewing it.

First off, I absolutely love the packaging. It is so glossy and aqua type. It gives such a fresh feel at first glance.


This shade is absolutely gorgeous. I usually buy pink-coral-red lip colors since they compliment my skin tone best. I have a fair cool toned skin type. This shade is extremely wearable on a regular basis for me. This lipstick feels extremely light on my lips just like lip balm and is extremely moisturizing. It leaves a slight pink tint on my lips and makes them extremely soft. Love it!

It is not the most pigmented lip color, but since it claims to be a water-shine lipstick it seems to serve its purpose. A lot of the ladies I know were disappointed with the product since it isn’t too pigmented. I, for one, love the fact that it is not highly pigmented and can be worn casually even for something like grocery shopping. It is a very light baby pink color, extremely glossy with very low staying power. It stays for a maximum of 2 hours on my lips. I really wish it stayed longer. I apply it on my matte pink lipsticks just to add gloss to them at times. The good thing about this lip color is that even if you have pigmented lips, it still looks fabulous.


I personally, love the whole idea of a ‘water shine lipstick’. It is so lightweight on the lips, super glossy just like a lip gloss and moisturizers brilliantly! Overall I absolutely love this lipstick and I’m super excited to try out other colors from this range.

Price:

Rs. 230 for 3.4 grams.

Pros:

  • Feels extremely light on the lips.
  • Very moisturizing and creamy.
  • Super glossy.
  • Chic packaging.
  • Affordable.
  • No fragrance.

Cons:

  • Staying power isn’t too great. (Max. 1 to 2 hours)
  • Not very pigmented.


Rating:

4.5/5

Would I repurchase and recommend this product?

Absolutely! I love the lipstick.
I’d recommend this to those women who like slightly pigmented/glossy lip colors for everyday casual wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment