Sunday 29 January 2012

NYX Round Lip Gloss in 'Ballerina Pink'





I recently went on an NYX haul and I love what I’ve bought so far. Today I’m going to be reviewing my current favorite lip gloss, NYX Round Lipgloss in Ballerina Pink.
I love the packaging of all the NYX products, its so chic and pretty and I guess that’s one reason why I’m so drawn towards them. The Ballerina Pink shade is a very pretty bubblegum pink with slight shimmer. It has a satin feel to it.


The staying power of this lipgloss is pretty good. Almost or even more than 3 hours. I wore this lipgloss for dinner recently, and it didn’t come off much even after all the eating and drinking. I was pretty skeptical about using this lipgloss for dinner because I expected it to be super sticky (that’s how it appears to be) but I was really surprised when I used it. Not sticky one bit, just perfect. The pigmentation is pretty good too and once the lipgloss starts to fade away, it leaves a beautiful baby pink tint on the lips.

I love the applicator brush/wand of this lipgloss. It is bent at the tip which makes it super easy to apply on the lips.


The only thing that I don’t like about this whole ‘Round Lipstick/Lipgloss’ Collection, is the smell. The lipgloss to some extent smells better than the lipsticks from the collection. I don’t really like my products smelling like detergent and certainly not on my lips! The lipgloss has a bubblegum fragrance mixed with a slight detergent smell. It does fade away after about 15 minutes. Pretty weird, but way better than the lipsticks from this collection. They just smell nasty.



Overall, this lipgloss is a great product. Apart from the weird fragrance, I absolutely love this lipgloss. I’ve been using it almost everyday now. 

 
Price:
Rs 225 for 2.5 ml

Pros of NYX Round Lipgloss in Shade# Ballerina Pink : 
  • Hypo Allergenic/Cruelty free.
  • Well pigmented.
  • Absolutely love the bent shape of the applicator.
  • Not sticky.
  • Pretty good staying power. (About 3 hours)
  • Leaves a nice tint on the lips after it fades off.
  • LOVE the packaging.
  • Inexpensive for the quantity. 
Cons of NYX Round Lipgloss in Shade# Ballerina Pink: 
  • Has a weird bubblegum meets detergent smell. 
Rating:
4/5

Would I repurchase/recommend this product?
YES. I really like this lipgloss regardless of its smell. And also because its so cheap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment