Tuesday 3 January 2012

Faces Canada Glam Lipstick in Shade 'Gothica'




 So I finally bought my second Black Lipstick and I’m super excited to review it. This one is from Faces Canada. (Who would’ve thought?). A normal drugstore makeup brand selling Black lipcolor! 

The packaging is very regular. Sand grey/black lipstick case. Classic.





This lipcolor is perfect for Halloween makeup. I wore it for a Goth concert recently, and I absolutely love it. I expected this lipcolor to be opaque, but it turned out slightly translucent. I need to swipe it 3 times to get it perfectly opaque, but then again it tends to fade away to translucent. It stays better with a lip primer.

I expected this lipstick to taste funky since its black in color. You know? The whole judging-a-book-by-its-cover thing. But it actually tastes pretty good and smells good too, just like berries. Very yummy. This lipcolor stains the lips slightly, so you’ll have to use an eye and lip makeup remover to take it off. It doesn’t stain too much when applied over the lip primer as a base. It’s a little on the glossy side, but not too glossy which I love.

Overall, this isn’t one of my favorite black lipsticks, it isn’t as opaque as my previous one. However, the fact that it’s a drugstore brand and available so easily got me real excited.



Price:
Rs. 499 for 4grams. 

Pros:
  • Decent staying power. (4 hrs)
  • Tastes and smells good.
  • Doesn’t settle into fine lines.
  • Inexpensive.
  • Easily available in India.
Cons:
  • Not as opaque as a black lipcolor is supposed to be.
Rating:
3/5

Would I repurchase this product?
Nope, I really wish it was more opaque. I’ll be trying out the other lip colors from the same range though.

No comments:

Post a Comment