Tuesday 31 January 2012

Korpse Kosmetics Naughty or Nice Collection Eye Shadow Pigments


I’ve been searching for new cosmetics brands for the last few months because I’ve gotten tired of using the usual brands everybody is talking about. So I went searching with fellow makeup artists and also Facebook pages and I stumbled across a lot of tiny makeup brands that not many people have heard of.

Today I’m going to be reviewing eye shadows from Korpse Kosmetics’ Limited Edition holiday collection called ‘Naughty or Nice’. Korpse Kosmetics is a one woman business. All products are handmade at the time of the order.

Price:
$15 for 4 eye shadows of this collection
(Shipping charges etc depending on size and weight.)

My experience with these eye shadows:

The packaging of these pigments is average. I expected good labels for these pigments or at least the company name ‘Korpse Kosmetics’ on them. The diameter of each jar is about the same as a 2 rupee coin.

The eye shadows in this Limited Edition ‘Naughty or Nice’ collection are super glittery and super shimmery. Which means there is a lot of fall out if you don’t apply these wet or on a sticky eye shadow base. This collection has 8 eye shadows and you can choose a minimum of 4 at random to make your set. The shades I chose are: Gift Wrap, Wreath, Winter Wonderland and Jingle Bells.

Let me describe them better for you:
  • Gift Wrap - Warm lavender purple color with colorful glitter. The pigmentation is pretty good and the pigment is very smooth to apply and has a satin finish too it.

  • Wreath - Super glittery green pigment with green glitter. This pigment has the most glitter in it compared to the remaining shades from this collection. The pigmentation is decent. The best part of Wreath is the glitter. Absolutely LOVE this one.

  • Winter Wonderland – Bright blue with blue glitter. This is my least favorite of the collection. The pigmentation isn’t great and the glitter is too clumpy making the application difficult.

  • Jingle Bells – This is a beautiful pale golden pigment with super fine shimmer much like eye shadow pigment dust. This doesn’t have any glitter and can be applied dry as well. When applied wet, the color is intensified and it looks amazing. LOVE this one. This shade reminds me of the one from Faces Stackable- Enchanted that I had reviewed earlier.

Wreath and Jingle Bells are my favorite from this collection and Winter Wonderland is my least favorite.
I have swatched these eye shadow pigments on a white base.

The staying power of these eye shadows is pretty good, approx. 6-7 hours. The glitters tend to crease a bit though. Over all, these are pretty good pigments and so much fun to work with. Hope to see better labels in the future from this Brand though. 






Pros:
  • Pretty good pigmentation.
  • Need to be applied wet and over an eye shadow base.
  • Good staying power.
  • Inexpensive.
Cons:
  • A lot of fallout if not applied wet.
  • The glitters tend to crease after 4 hours.
  • Some of the eye shadows are not highly pigmented.
  • Not available in India; you can only purchase these online. 
Rating:
4/5

Would I repurchase these eye shadow pigments?
Well, I don’t really think so. But I’m definitely going to try out the other eye shadows and lip colors from this Brand!

Final Note: Not the best eye shadow pigments I've used; but they're pretty fun to play around with. Average pigmentation and super glittery. These pigments are from KK's limited edition 'Naughty or Nice Collection'.

No comments:

Post a Comment