Wednesday 31 October 2012

Two Eye Liners That I HATE


I’m going to review two eyeliners that are nothing but shit. These eyeliners are so bad that I don’t even know where to begin hence the negative ratings. So instead of writing paragraphs, I’m going to put this review in points. In the photos, I have swiped each eye liner 3-4 times on the left and once on the right. So without further adieu, I present to you my pathetic experience with these eyeliners.

Elle 18 Color Pops Eye Sparklers in “Purple Pataka’



Price:
Rs 85

  • It applies so sheer, I need to go over the line at least thrice.
  • Super greasy and staying power is HORRIBLE.
  • Creases a lot and smudges in just 1 hour. When applied as an eye liner it smudges and transfers on to the top of my crease. Sick.
  • No way in hell it can be used as an eyeshadow.
  • I cannot sharpen this useless pencil without it breaking off. Either the whole eyeliner is broken from the inside and/or it's too soft to sharpen. In the photo you can see how the eyeliner is broken even when sharpened.
  • I rubbed my finger once on both the left and right swatches and they disappeared! See what I meant by horrible staying power? (check out the swatches at the end of this review)
Rating:
-5/5


Lakme Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick in “Glimmer Green”

Price:
Rs 350/-

  • This one too, applies sheer and I need to go over the line at least thrice.
  • Greasy and horrible staying power.
  • Changes from green to a yellowish-disgusting-green in 2 hours. I really don’t know why.
  • Creases, smudges, cannot be used as an eye shadow at all.
  • Can be used as an eye shadow base.
  • Easy to sharpen and it doesn’t break off during sharpening.
  • EXTREMELY OVERPRICED for such horrible quality.
  • After rubbing my finger once on the swatch, the one on the left became translucent whereas the left swatch almost disappeared. (check out the swatches at the end of this review)

Rating:
-3/5





No comments:

Post a Comment