Monday 13 February 2012

Vedic Line – Fig and Honey Moisturizer Vedic Line – Fig and Honey Moisturizer

I came across Vedic Line a few days ago and since I absolutely love natural products, I knew I had to try out at least one product from this Brand. Vedic Line is an Ayurvedic range of products and everything they use is 100% natural. They don’t test on animals.

The product I’m going to be reviewing today is the Fig and Honey moisturizer that I ordered online. Let’s start off with the packaging of the product. The moisturizer tube has a very simple packaging. I love how the colors they’ve used are so subtle and natural-looking; nothing fancy, yet pretty at the same time.


At the back of the tube the directions to use, ingredient list and expiry date is mentioned (Best before 36 months from date of Mfg.) It has symbols with writing claiming: ‘100% derived from the Vegetable Mineral Kingdom’, ‘Not Tested on Animals’ and ‘100% Veg’.

The tube has an aluminum foil fastening the tip to show it is seal packed. UNFORTUNATELY, the seal was broken and my cream was a bit on the lid on the inside. What a bummer. I fixed it a bit to give you an idea of how it looks like when it should’ve been sealed.

This moisturizer does have the fragrance of a ripe fig and slight hint of honey. Somehow and I don’t know why, I can smell turmeric/sandalwood (just a slight hint of it). The fragrance is great when first applied, but then it just builds up and is too strong and gave me a slight headache every time my hands came to my face. I ended up washing my hands in an hour. This product can be used on the face, but I chose not to because lets face it you don’t want to try something so new first off on the face! I love how it’s not greasy one bit and made my hands feel super soft.


I’m not a fan of this product, but I would definitely check out other products from Vedic Line.

Price:

Rs. 70 for 50 ml

Pros of Vedic Line Fig and Honey Moisturizer:

  • Super moisturizing and non greasy.
  • 100% Natural products used
  • Inexpensive

Cons of Vedic Line Fig and Honey Moisturizer:

  • The fragrance is too strong; I really don’t like strong fragrances as such.
  • The freshness/seal on the tube was broken.

Rating:

2.5/5

Would I repurchase this product?
Hell no.

No comments:

Post a Comment