Monday 10 September 2012

Konad iloje Flobu Eye Shadow in ‘ #002 White Pearl’



It’s been a while since my last review. Today, I’m going to review my current favorite eye shadow that I’ve been using since the past 2 weeks. This is from the brand Konad iloje Flobu (I still haven’t figured out the pronunciation for this interesting name!). I bought the White Pearl shade since I needed a new highlighter.


Packaging:
A hard plastic see through packaging that protects the eye shadow from falling and/or breaking.

Shades available:
Konad iloje Flobu eye shadows come in 10 shades : White, White Pearl, Soft gray, Dark Grey, Black, Romantic Pink, Pink Pearl, Ultra Violet, Evergreen and Chocolate.


My Experience with this eye shadow:

This White Pearl eye shadow is silky smooth, blends amazingly, and has a brilliant pigmentation. I love how it doesn’t crease without a primer even in the humid monsoons of Mumbai. I applied this on my eye lid at around 11 am and it stayed put till 10 pm at night after which it needed a slight touch up.

It can be used as a highlighter for the brown bones, inner tear duct area and also on the cheekbones. However, this shade might be too white for a medium skin tone and may wash down the skin tone. Dark skinned women may use this as a lid color and not as a brow bone highlighter since it has a tendency to look slightly chalky. This doesn’t happen on a fairer skin tone, but if intensified it gets chalky and the pearl finish doesn’t shine through.

Over all, I love this eye shadow and I can’t wait to get my hands on the other shades. Considering the extremely affordable price, quantity and quality, these eye shadows are a must try!


Price:
Rs. 130

Pros of Konad iloje Flobu Eye Shadow in ‘ #002 White Pearl’:
  • Super smooth application.
  • Can be used as a highlighter.
  • Pigmentation is pretty good and can be intensified if needed.
  • Doesn’t crease or fade away.
  • Staying power is great with/without primer. (Stays put for almost an entire day!)
  • 10 shades to select from.
  • Inexpensive for the quantity and quality.
  • Easily available online in India.
  • Shelf life of 3 years.
Cons of Konad iloje Flobu Eye Shadow in ‘ #002 White Pearl’: 
  • This particular shade might look too white on medium-dark skin tones.
  • Tends to get chalky when intensified.
Rating:
3.75/5

Will I repurchase this eye shadow?
Not this shade really. However, I’ll try out the other shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment